As I am typing this, all I can think about is the pain I am feeling now. I am so SORE! I didn’t even do EVERY exercise on the workout videos. I am really dedicated to sticking to this 21 Day Fix program and I ALMOST caved in today. I wanted to make a pasta dish with a tomato meat sauce. I made it quickly, tasted it, and threw it out! I like healthy food but plain food is a NO NO. I like to make my healthy food taste good! usually after I make a fail dish, I usually will give up and get something fattening and delicious to eat. After texting my boyfriend about meal options, I decided I NEEDED to stick to the diet. I looked around my kitchen and decided to make some chili since I already had most of the ingredients out already. I’m so glad I did, because this didn’t even taste like a diet food, especially when I added some CHEESE!
(Cheese was not pictured because it was an after thought!)
1. I put a lot of tomatoes and just a little bit of onion in to the green container. I then put them in a blender to puree.
2. In a pot, I poured in all the tomato and onion puree and brought to a boil. When it started boiling, I turned it down to medium.
3. I then added the raw ground turkey and kidney beans.
4. Next I added LOTS of chili powder. Then I added a good amount of paprika and cumin. I then added onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. I really think the chili powder and cumin make the dish taste so yummy!
5. After the turkey is cooked, I put everything in a bowl and added the cheese.
This did not taste like diet food! It definitely hit the spot. It was so good and so filling. It would have been extra delicious with some chips or tortillas, I will have to try with those next time!
Who wants to join me with 21 Day Fix now?!