I am still on my 21 Day Fix program but I wanted to share a YUMMY recipe with my favorite kitchen gadget that I made for my boyfriend one day. I did not get to eat this because of my strict diet but I have made it before, so I know all about the goodness! You only need 5 ingredients for the chicken!
Before the recipe, I wanted to talk about my SousVide Supreme This is my all time favorite kitchen gadget. This is a little pricey (they run from $400-$600 depending on model you get) BUT I LOVE IT and use it ALL THE TIME. It makes meat and seafood unbelievably tender and just elevates it so much! This is a water oven that keeps the same temperature so you can never over cook something. Everything I have ever put in it has turned out SO GOOD!
INGREDIENTS FOR CRISPY SKIN CHICKEN THIGHS
Boneless Chicken Thighs (I had bone in ones but I just de-boned them to make the cooking time faster)
Seasonings (like salt and pepper)
Now lets turn these ugly raw chicken thighs into something delicious!
– Set the sous vide to 80 C/ 176 F.
– Sprinkle your favorite seasonings and rosemary on the side with no skin.
– Put the thighs in the sous vide plastic bags and place a piece of butter under each one and vacuum seal. Most of the food cooked in the sous vide are usually vacuum sealed.
– Once the sous vide is at 80 C/ 176 F place the vacuum sealed pouch in it. Let it cook for 2 hours.
– After 2 hours, cut the bag open and pour the juices in a sauce pan on medium.
– In another pan, pour olive oil to cover the whole bottom. Once it is nice and hot put the chicken skin down and fry until it is golden brown.
– In the saucepan, add any other seasonings to your liking and let it boil. Once its boiling, reduce the heat and let it reduce down a little. Once it gets a LITTLE thicker, remove it from the heat.
– Plate your chicken and pour your pan sauce over it to enjoy!
Pictured above are the chicken thighs vacuum sealed with seasonings and butter!
Pictured below are the chicken thighs right off the pan after being crisped!
I loving cooking meat in the sous vide supreme and then finishing it on the stove. The sous vide supreme makes the chicken meat moist and tender and the stove top gives it that crispy skin. SO GOOD.
Hungry yet?! Now go look at some other yummy recipes with 5 ingredients or less!