I was asked by Aveda to try out some of their hair and makeup products. I have actually used a handful of Aveda hair products but have never tried any of the makeup products so I was excited to play! The items they sent me were actually perfect to make a Pantone Color of the Year Marsala look!
I decided to recreate their Red Lotus look! This looks is something out of my comfort zone. First, I am wearing brown mascara and I like it. I NEVER wear brown mascara!! Second, I don’t have on any BLACK eyeliner. Third, I am using a color on my eye that I hardly ever wear. I was kind of hesitant to try it but YOLO right?! HAHA, I seriously hate that phrase!
These are the lovely products I will be using for this look.
petal essence™ single eye color in allspice
petal essence™ single eye color in golden cypress
petal essence™ single eye color in ivory lotus
mosscara™ in earth
nourish-mint™ lip liner in fire maple
nourish-mint™ smoothing lip color in goji berry
nourish-mint™ rehydrating lip glaze in mangosteen
These are the instructions I followed for the Red Lotus look from Aveda!
– Prep the lids, and apply petal essence™ single eye color in allspice from the top
lash lines to the brows using the eye contour brush. Lightly apply the same shade
along the bottom lash lines using the medium eye color brush.
– Apply petal essence™ single eye color in golden cypress to the center of the lids
using the medium eye color brush. Apply the same shade along the bottom lash lines.
– Apply petal essence™ single eye color in ivory lotus to the brow bones using the
medium eye color brush.
– Curl the lashes, and apply mosscara™ in earth to the top and bottom lashes.
– Prep the lips. Line and fill in the lips with nourish-mint™ lip liner in fire maple.
– Apply nourish-mint™ smoothing lip color in goji berry as a stain.
– Apply nourish-mint™ rehydrating lip glaze in mangosteen to the center of the lips.
The Allspice color is actually VERY pretty and a pretty good match to Marsala. It does not look as intense in this looks because of the golds that were layered in the center. I actually ended up liking this look! I would not wear both the eye look and the lip combo during the day though. I would either do one or the other because I feel it would be a little much for a day look!
I had my doubts at first about Marsala, but I am starting to fall for this Allspice eye shadow!
Are you liking Marsala?!