My favorite all time favorite nut/seed butter is SUNBUTTER! Sunbutter is made with sunflower seeds and has the mot unique and delicious flavor. I first tried this in a snack pack I got form Target and fell in love with it instantly. I went back to Target that day to search the aisles for a actual jar of Sunbutter to have all to myself! When I found it I was so excited and a little disappointed. This Sunbutter jar was $8! CRAZY right?! I bought it anyways, because I LOVED it but was still a little mad!
At the time of the purchase I was at work in NYC and was staying in a rented apartment. I had no REAL kitchen appliances or tools so I was kind of stuck buying this yummy overpriced Sunbutter. Now that I am back in my home in Florida I decided to make my own since nut/seed butters are very easy to make from scratch! I also wanted to use my new blendtec blender! It was difficult finding a big bag of roasted sunflower seeds at the store so I just got a BIG bag of unsalted toasted ones from Amazon! I actually also purchased a big bag of sesame seeds before because I was so excited about making this recipe I got sunflower and sesame seeds mixed up 😛 So remember to get SUNFLOWER SEEDS!
This is a simple recipe (I love simple recipes!) that ends up being sooo good! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 3 Cups Roasted Sunflower Seeds
- Pinch of Salt
- 2-5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2-5 Tbsp Agava or preferred sweetner
- Pour all sunflower seeds in a blendtec blender or food processor.
- Pulse until the seeds are a paste like texture.
- Add 1 or 2 Tbsp of coconut oil and agava.
- Pulse until everything is blended together.
- Keep pulsing and adding the rest of the coconut oil and agava until it is to your liking.
- This is a recipe is just a guide. Everyone has their own preference for creaminess, chunkiness, and sweetness of their nut butters. Add more coconut oil for creaminess, add less if you like it a little chunky, and add more or less agava to cater to your taste!