Scones are the best for breakfast and tea! I wanted to make some scones incorporating my favorite dessert, chocolate covered strawberries. This is how the chocolate strawberry scone was made! I use to not like scones because I only tried plain ones before with no cream or any other flavors added. I started liking them when I tried them with clotted cream and then discovered they had flavored ones. I have made scones in the past but never with fresh fruit so I was crossing my fingers that they would turn out okay! Luckily they did and will definitely be remade! I also added almond extract to give it that extra boost of deliciousness. Almond extract has such a strong yummy flavor that I love so I thought it had to be good in this!
Is it bad that I ate 2 of these suckers before they were even cool enough to handle?! SO GOOD! The next morning I put one in the microwave for about 20 seconds just to get the chocolate a little melted and DELICIOUS! My boyfriend kept annoying me by saying he liked the “BIG COOKIES” I made. I would respond with, “THEY ARE NOT COOKIES, THEY ARE SCONES!!!” I swear his life mission is to annoy the “F” out of me! Anyways, you must try these yummy chocolate strawberry scones sometime! Its not that hard to make and they will be gone fast!
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter (1 Stick)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Fresh Diced Strawberries
- 1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chunks or Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl incorporate the butter into the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, and almond extract.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is blended together.
- Add the chocolate chips and fresh diced strawberries and incorporate them in. Since the strawberries are wet, add more flour if you feel the mixture is getting too wet.
- Carefully roll it out to a thick circle.
- Cute in to 8 pieces and place on a buttered sheet pan.
- Place in oven for 20 to 30 minutes.