After YEARS of looking at cute pretty pink doors I finally have one!! I’ve been looking at them ever since I lived in an apartment, then when I bought my condo with an HOA (my door had to be a specific color). Basically it literally has been YEARS since I’ve wanted a pink door. I recently bought a house and we are slowing renovating it and one of the first things I wanted to do was paint my front door pink!
Disclaimer: I know there are much easier and faster ways to paint a door pink. My boyfriend wanted everything to be done perfectly so he spent extra time doing everything!
Items Used For a DIY Pink Door
These are the items I used on my beautiful pink door! Well, actually these are the items my boyfriend used. This was suppose to be my project but he insisted on doing it for me!
How To Paint Your DIY Pink Door
– With an electric drill, unscrew screws from the door. Place a tarp over the opening of the door to prevent hot air and bugs coming in to your house.
– Place the door on two saw horses. Use the electric sander to sand down as much as the old paint and any texture. Start with a thicker sand paper and then do another layer of sanding with a finer one to make everything smooth.
– With painters tape, tape around the edges and anywhere else you don’t want paint on.
– With a roller, paint on the primer all over the flat surfaces. Use a small paint brush to get in any crevices or detailed parts.
– Repeat the prior step one or two times. Let the paint dry a little in between layers. We did 3 layers.
– Place the painted door in the sun for a few hours to really let it dry. After, resemble the door back.
– Admire your beautiful new door!
PS- Don’t judge our fantastic wallpaper in the inside!! Haha! We haven’t started redo-ing the inside yet!
Pink Door Before and After
What is your dream door color?! Do you have it yet?!